Both California and federal law entitle you to fair treatment at work. If your employer is not living up to these requirements then it may feel as though there is no recourse. The truth is that there may be – it all starts with calling an employment law attorney. Read on to learn more about how we can help. If you believe you have a case, contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 to get started.
There are several types of compensation you may be eligible for
Depending on the specifics of your case, there are a number of compensation types you may be eligible for. This can include back and front pay, damages for emotional distress, and punitive damages if the law was egregiously violated.
We can help with several types of employment law cases
Regardless of the specific type of case you have, you can trust us to help. Some of the examples of cases we work with include:
- Workplace discrimination. The definition of this illegal activity is an employee being treated differently than a peer with the same qualifications if that different treatment is a response to said employee’s race, gender, religion, etc.
- Wrongful discrimination. If you are fired or let go for an illegal reason then you may have a personal injury case on your hands. For example, if you were fired because of your race, or because you took legally allowed family leave, you may have a case. We can help work toward returning you to your job and / or seeking compensation.
- Overtime pay disputes. When a person works more than 40 hours in a week or eight hours in a day, California law requires additional compensation. If your employer has worked around this law to avoid paying overtime then we can fight for you.
- Disputes regarding wages and hours. You work hard and you should be compensated for that work. We can help with violations of minimum wage laws, illegal tip pooling, and worker misclassification.
- Independent contractor issues. One of the most underhanded things an employer can do is to misclassify you as an independent contractor when you are really an employee. They do this to avoid benefits and it is illegal. We can help.
- Harassment. Everyone should feel safe in their workplace. If you have been harassed due to a protected characteristic such as your race, age, religion, sexual orientation, etc. then we can take legal action on your behalf.
These are just some of the case we can help with. If you believe you have a need for an employment law attorney then we hope you will contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000. We take cases on a contingency basis which means you do not owe us a penny until we win your case. There is no risk to you so contact us now for a free consultation.